The place where course books fear to tread

Модератор: Владимир

Пушистая няшечка2
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Пушистая няшечка2 »

The weather is really wonderful today. 35 degrees below zero. Poor cars won't work, at least half of them. And if you manage to start up your car, you'd better let it get a little warmer, or driving, especially fast driving, can result in your car stopping straight at the middle of road. I can't breathe outside, despite all my fuzziness... :( And I can't listen to dialogues, it's just a bit hard to study when you feel ill, and feeling yourself to freeze is the same, exactly. But I'm happy, for -35 is not -50 or -60. I wonder how people survive in these temperatures?
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Пушистая няшечка писал(а):The weather is really wonderful today. 35 degrees below zero. Poor cars won't work, at least half of them. And if you manage to start up your car, you'd better let it get a little warmer, or driving, especially fast driving, can result in your car stopping straight at the middle of road. I can't breathe outside, despite all my fuzziness... :( And I can't listen to dialogues, it's just a bit hard to study when you feel ill, and feeling yourself to freeze is the same, exactly. But I'm happy, for -35 is not -50 or -60. I wonder how people survive in these temperatures?
When I was in Fairbanks, Alaska, the first day it was 60 below.
Пушистая няшечка2
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Пушистая няшечка2 »

You must be meaning Fahrenheit. "The highest recorded temperature in Fairbanks was 96 °F (36 °C), while the lowest was −62 °F (−52.2 °C)" (Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce). And average winter low temperatures range from −26 °C to −32 °C. Why, not so bad. As far as I can tell by photos, in the summer this city is very beautiful...

Now that the weather is more mild and gentle, I can return to language studies. Lately I couldn't pay attention to such a complicated thing as hieroglyphs, and would sit at home, shaking all over.)) All I could do was read easy English books for kids, and listen to Savage Nation and other podcasts that were mentioned here at the forum. I still can't say which version of English attracts me more, but speaking of materials - films, books, etc., that would be US for sure...
Lauren
На огонёк зашедши

Re: The place where course books fear to tread

Сообщение Lauren »

It is a good thing to have a place where course books fear to tread. http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/learning ... ersonality is a place where you can relax reading enjoying yourself while doing so and enlightening.
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Lauren писал(а):It is a good thing to have a place where course books fear to tread. http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/learning ... ersonality is a place where you can relax reading enjoying yourself while doing so and enlightening.
Теll us about yourself, Lauren. What galaxy are you from?
Бояр
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Бояр »

Do you think you can get rid of your "charming" accent through the Method? The answer is "yes". The Method is quite similar to what professional actors usually do, if they want to work in a different country. In a nutshell, the Method focuses on listening and repetiton. Actually, on intensively listening to recordings of dialogues read by native speakers and on repeating the dialogues out loud until you have got it right. Best of all in a private place where you will not be interrupted or disturbed.

Discover more secrets and details in a dozen or so pages of Tai-chi, English.pdf
Or write your questions right here, in this thread.
Sprichst du schon Deutsch oder lernst du es noch? Bitte schreib deinen Beitrag auch hier Dir kann keine Fremdsprache beigebracht werden
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

I believe this forum branch should be the first level subdivision of the forum. It would give us an opportunity to initiate different topic discussians, not oly those concerning the Matrix method and learning foreighn langugaes in general. If other people started to write whatever they wanted right here it would be a sort of mess.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 14:44 I believe this forum branch should be the first level subdivision of the forum. It would give us an opportunity to initiate different topic discussians, not oly those concerning the Matrix method and learning foreighn langugaes in general. If other people started to write whatever they wanted right here it would be a sort of mess.
However, it's better than to do nothing, waiting that speaking skills will drop on your head out of the sky.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 14:55
Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 14:44 I believe this forum branch should be the first level subdivision of the forum. It would give us an opportunity to initiate different topic discussians, not oly those concerning the Matrix method and learning foreighn langugaes in general. If other people started to write whatever they wanted right here it would be a sort of mess.
However, it's better than to do nothing, waiting that speaking skills will drop on your head out of the sky.
I've got an idea. I'll be reproducing my posts, which I place in social media, parallely.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

To check whether your post or comment has any sense you can copy and paste it to the left google-translate window after posting it and see how it looks in Russian. If it's what you wanted to say, it's OK. Then press the button to exchange the contents between the write and the left windows, and you'll see how the google transator would translate it. So, there is no necessity to write in Russian an all to see how your post could be formulated differently.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

I did myself what I had proposed an hour ago, copied my posts in English to the left window of the Google-traslator, after the posts were done, and was glad to see that all of them made sence. Althouth, I didn't doubt very much that it would be so. After that I clicked the button located between the windows of the translator to exchange the contents of them and could see what could be worded differently. In the text I'm writing at this moment I've used already the different words, having proposed by the translator earlier, to express the meanings that were implied in my posts. Those words and expressions are:
to make sence instead of to have sence
worded instead of formulated
etc.
There were some alternative grammar construcrions, too. It would be better instead of "It's better than to do nothing" to say "It's better than doing nothing" , for example.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

I've just written in the media: I wonder, if Putin gaines considerebly less votes than those 82 percent predicted to him by the AI because of the drone attack this morning, will it be a reason to postpone to announce the results of the elections. Namely his fans could happen not to get to the polls offices or volunters could not come to voters. There's no doubts that he is destined to win, and to do that in the first round. But what if it's very important, he gained 70 or 80 percent? Maybe it doesn't suit him morrally to have 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted 80 percent? It's espatially actual in the light of the 92 percent result demonstrated by Aliev recently.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 16:49 I've just written in the media: I wonder, if Putin gaines considerebly less votes than those 82 percent predicted to him by the AI because of the drone attack this morning, will it be a reason to postpone to announce the results of the elections. Namely his fans could happen not to get to the polls offices or volunters could not come to voters. There's no doubts that he is destined to win, and to do that in the first round. But what if it's very important, he gained 70 or 80 percent? Maybe it doesn't suit him morrally to have 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted 80 percent? It's espatially actual in the light of the 92 percent result demonstrated by Aliev recently.
Compare the above to the Google-translator version: I've just written in the media: I wonder, if Putin gaines considerebly less votes than those 82 percent predicted to him by the AI because of the drone attack this morning, will it be a reason to postpone to announce the results of the elections. Namely his fans could happen not to get to the polls offices or volunters could not come to voters. There's no doubts that he is destined to win, and to do that in the first round. But what if it's very important, he gained 70 or 80 percent? Maybe it doesn't suit him morrally to have 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted 80 percent? It's espatially actual in the light of the 92 percent result demonstrated by Aliev recently.
- The last one sounds better than mine. But I memorized all my mistakes or poor wording.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 16:55
Дилетант писал(а): 17 мар 2024, 16:49 I've just written in the media: I wonder, if Putin gaines considerebly less votes than those 82 percent predicted to him by the AI because of the drone attack this morning, will it be a reason to postpone to announce the results of the elections. Namely his fans could happen not to get to the polls offices or volunters could not come to voters. There's no doubts that he is destined to win, and to do that in the first round. But what if it's very important, he gained 70 or 80 percent? Maybe it doesn't suit him morrally to have 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted 80 percent? It's espatially actual in the light of the 92 percent result demonstrated by Aliev recently.
Compare the above to the Google-translator version: I've just written in the media: I wonder, if Putin gaines considerebly less votes than those 82 percent predicted to him by the AI because of the drone attack this morning, will it be a reason to postpone to announce the results of the elections. Namely his fans could happen not to get to the polls offices or volunters could not come to voters. There's no doubts that he is destined to win, and to do that in the first round. But what if it's very important, he gained 70 or 80 percent? Maybe it doesn't suit him morrally to have 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted 80 percent? It's espatially actual in the light of the 92 percent result demonstrated by Aliev recently.
- The last one sounds better than mine. But I memorized all my mistakes or poor wording.
Excuse me, I pasted my own version twice. Here's the Google's one:
I just wrote to the media: I wonder if Putin gets significantly fewer votes than the 82 percent the AI predictor predicted for him due to the drone attack this morning, would that be a reason to delay the announcement of the election results? It was his fans who could not get to the polling stations or volunteers who could not come to his voters. There is no doubt that he is destined to win, and to do so in the first round. But what if, very importantly, he scored 70 or 80 percent? Maybe he is morally not satisfied with having 70 percent, while his partner in the Union State boasted of 80 percent? This is especially relevant in light of Aliyev’s recently demonstrated result of 92 percent.
Дилетант
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Дилетант »

The percent of those who voted at the level 70 isn't as much. In 2018 it was about the same figure, 67 per cent. These elections are more important because of the geopolitics, so the percent must be considerebly higher.
Ответить