Philosophical debates about languages

Модератор: Владимир

Ответить
Сергей Кевлар

Сообщение Сергей Кевлар »

Once I think about language I imagine many markers correspond with various objects, phenomena and their interactions (I’ll call it – things). Every language has own method to confront thing and marker. For example – English has several words when Russian uses only one: business, matter, affair, cause, act, work; or land, earth, ground, soil and so on.
Never matter you have studied these markers, you have to realize process of combination these markers together.
To be continued…
Сергей Кевлар

One thing surprised me repeatedly. They are studying English and they have a problem or a question. Put it on the forum in English and get a answer or a advice in English too.
They can get the use twice. The first – one formulates a problem in English one gets a training this language to try to translate his thought. The second – the answer would be done by people well known English (because they can get you broken English – it’s a joke).
I have understood them probably but I can get a mistake perhaps (that’s the fine thing to say!).
You see.
I am waiting you opinions about this little problem.
Сергей Кевлар

I am going to visit Canada in August to get training my English. As I want to tell about our book with Canadian teachers as try to translate same sentence include its title.
”It is impossible to teach you foreign language”. “Method of matrix-meditative resonance”.
Is it correct?
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):I am going to visit Canada in August to get training my English. As I want to tell about our book with Canadian teachers as try to translate same sentence include its title.
”It is impossible to teach you foreign language”. “Method of matrix-meditative resonance”.
Is it correct?
Вы подходите к вопросу с неправильной стороны, Сергей. Дело не в названии - я мог бы назвать подход как угодно, а дело в сути, в том, что нужно делать, как и в каких количествах. Объясните им общий принцип работы, алгоритм процесса, и им все будет понятно (если они захотят понять).
Сергей Кевлар

Н.Ф. писал(а):[Дело не в названии - я мог бы назвать подход как угодно, а дело в сути, в том, что нужно делать, как и в каких количествах. Объясните им общий принцип работы, алгоритм процесса, и им все будет понятно (если они захотят понять).
As one will have called the board as it will sail.
I will try to inform about your method to new people.
Татарин
Весьма заинтересованное лицо

Сообщение Татарин »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):One thing surprised me repeatedly. They are studying English and they have a problem or a question. Put it on the forum in English and get a answer or a advice in English too.
They can get the use twice.
Hi. You're absolutely right. But why did anyone support you in this case (except Николая Федоровича)?
I beg your pardon for my english.
Do you know where can I find the paper book "It's impossible to learn you speak English"? Please, correct me, if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Сергей Кевлар

The book was published in Russian only, I suppose you can ask author to purchase it. I am not a teacher, I am pupil yet, so I may not to correct you mistakes but I give you a piece of advice – use Microsoft WORD and it will check your spelling.
Кая З
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Кая З »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):...I give you a piece of advice – use Microsoft WORD and it will check your spelling.
It's useful using check spellers witch can be plugged in your browser. For instance, Mozilla Firefox has good ones. If you gonna have good practice your writing English you may go to great excellence English forum where anybody will not point specially you at your mistakes, but it will help you to improve your writing skills a lot. And there is a good idea about having your own blog or facebook, English of course.
Later.
Татарин

Сообщение Татарин »

Кая З писал(а):
Сергей Кевлар писал(а):...I give you a piece of advice – use Microsoft WORD and it will check your spelling.
It's useful using check spellers witch can be plugged in your browser. For instance, Mozilla Firefox has good ones.
It's good advise to check a sentence grammar with internet browser (i use the Opera). Thanx. But, to tell the truth, i'm very lazy (about having own blog or facebook).
Сергей Кевлар

I was told by teacher of Global Village School to write by pen was more useful because it brought along my muscular memory. I use WORD because of the laziness and this habit, I dare say, is not good. But making mistakes is worse therefore I am obliged of two evils choose the less. To my excuse I do exercises as listen a text and write it on paper by pen.
Татарин

Сообщение Татарин »

You're good fellow.
And I watch chinese and american movies. I begin to listen second chinese dialog.
Good luck.
Татарин

Сообщение Татарин »

Сергей, I have to say.
Before my english learning using matrix's method, during 1,5 (one and a half) month I was watching english movies. And already previous 2 months I've been watching chinese movies. It simplifies accustoming to the new (strange) language when you begin to get (learn) language matrix.
I think, It can help you. See U later.
Сергей Кевлар

There are many methods and ways to learn foreign languages in the world. One can use any of them or couple of them or combine them and so on. The thing is one have to learn language effectively and I believe the matrix method allows to do this successfully. I thank you for your advice, probably someone gets it.
Сергей Кевлар

To improve my skills I begin to correspond with English people that learn Russian. So I’ve been trying to explain the way I use to learn English. Therefore I’ve decided to translate one important piece of the book and immediately get face to face with an expected trouble. The thing is one cannot translate from Russian to English ‘head-on” because the languages have different rules, structure and so on, you name it.
But work one enjoys never feels too hard and I’ve tried to. I put the piece below to get your opinion. I have a little hope to hear a conclusion of the esteemed author.

The title: the first variant - “You have never been taught foreign language – it is impossible”.
And the second one - ”It is impossible to teach you foreign language”. And so on.

The first stage of a learning of foreign language should begin with creating a matrix from speech images (dialogs or any other texts in studying language) that you would read loudly. From experience one can say the matrix to be an optimum size has to consist from twenty five to thirty dialogs or mono texts, each of a dialog has the standard size – from three to five hundred typographical units and lasts thirty or fifty seconds. Thus the whole matrix would include 15-20 thousand typographical units.
Listening and reading in a loud voice should be done severally; you do this process with first dialog until it will be attained an ideal, then you go to second one and so on. When you work through the dialogs you should read all of them from first to last many times a day, during two or three months, again and again until the reading will became your habit lake giving your tea a stir every morning.
There is no doubt about the dialogs or texts must have been read or plaid for recording by native speakers with real and normal speed of speech. A use of negative words is extremely undesirable because of big influence on state of mind during repeated listening. So, positive stylistic nuance of the texts will be very advisable.
The emptiness and long pauses are undesirable as they break the rhythm of speech and impede the whole perception by us.
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

The first stage is not reading, Sergey, the first stage is listening.
Ответить