The place where course books fear to tread

Модератор: Владимир

Пушистая няшечка
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Пушистая няшечка »

The weather is really wonderful today. 35 degrees below zero. Poor cars won't work, at least half of them. And if you manage to start up your car, you'd better let it get a little warmer, or driving, especially fast driving, can result in your car stopping straight at the middle of road. I can't breathe outside, despite all my fuzziness... :( And I can't listen to dialogues, it's just a bit hard to study when you feel ill, and feeling yourself to freeze is the same, exactly. But I'm happy, for -35 is not -50 or -60. I wonder how people survive in these temperatures?

Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Пушистая няшечка писал(а):The weather is really wonderful today. 35 degrees below zero. Poor cars won't work, at least half of them. And if you manage to start up your car, you'd better let it get a little warmer, or driving, especially fast driving, can result in your car stopping straight at the middle of road. I can't breathe outside, despite all my fuzziness... :( And I can't listen to dialogues, it's just a bit hard to study when you feel ill, and feeling yourself to freeze is the same, exactly. But I'm happy, for -35 is not -50 or -60. I wonder how people survive in these temperatures?
When I was in Fairbanks, Alaska, the first day it was 60 below.

Пушистая няшечка
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Пушистая няшечка »

You must be meaning Fahrenheit. "The highest recorded temperature in Fairbanks was 96 °F (36 °C), while the lowest was −62 °F (−52.2 °C)" (Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce). And average winter low temperatures range from −26 °C to −32 °C. Why, not so bad. As far as I can tell by photos, in the summer this city is very beautiful...

Now that the weather is more mild and gentle, I can return to language studies. Lately I couldn't pay attention to such a complicated thing as hieroglyphs, and would sit at home, shaking all over.)) All I could do was read easy English books for kids, and listen to Savage Nation and other podcasts that were mentioned here at the forum. I still can't say which version of English attracts me more, but speaking of materials - films, books, etc., that would be US for sure...

Lauren
На огонёк зашедши

Re: The place where course books fear to tread

Сообщение Lauren »

It is a good thing to have a place where course books fear to tread. http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/learning ... ersonality is a place where you can relax reading enjoying yourself while doing so and enlightening.

Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Lauren писал(а):It is a good thing to have a place where course books fear to tread. http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/learning ... ersonality is a place where you can relax reading enjoying yourself while doing so and enlightening.
Теll us about yourself, Lauren. What galaxy are you from?

Бояр
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Бояр »

Do you think you can get rid of your "charming" accent through the Method? The answer is "yes". The Method is quite similar to what professional actors usually do, if they want to work in a different country. In a nutshell, the Method focuses on listening and repetiton. Actually, on intensively listening to recordings of dialogues read by native speakers and on repeating the dialogues out loud until you have got it right. Best of all in a private place where you will not be interrupted or disturbed.

Discover more secrets and details in a dozen or so pages of Tai-chi, English.pdf
Or write your questions right here, in this thread.

Ответить