German diary

Модератор: Кьяра

Ответить
Вэддард
На огонёк зашедши

German diary

Сообщение Вэддард »

Hello everyone!

Here I want to share with you a notes about learning German. Actually, I practiced matrix method when was learning English: 6 month worked with dialogs, then read about 9000 pages and was listening podcasts and lectures. So, what can I say, may be my grammar not so good but it is not matter in this stage and I think (hope) it will came later. Really what I enjoy now it is feeling the language, thinking in English. And it is sad when I try to explain someone this method of learning languages, share with them my thoughts they simply don't understand me and ask question like "Are your brain okey after listening 3 hours every day one short dialog?" or "How is it possible to read 100 pages per day on foreign language? Are you kidding?" So, like poet said: "Today I have found you and those who laughed and scorned me yesterday are sorry that they were not looking as I did".

You can ask me: "Why are you writing in English?". I'll answer, my dear friends (comrade if you wish) that main reason why I decided to write in English it is because I want improve my writing skill and I hope some experienced students will help me correcting my grammar mistakes.

So, lets begin journey on our ship "Matrix method" toward land which called "Deutsch".

Capitain made his first note.
“I can’t fly,” Bran said. “I can’t, I can’t…”
How do you know? Have you ever tried?
Пушистая няшечка2
Черный Пояс

Re: German diary

Сообщение Пушистая няшечка2 »

Hello!
So, what can I say, may be my grammar not so good but it is not matter in this stage and I think (hope) it will came later. Really what I enjoy now it is feeling the language, thinking in English.
I can understand your writing, and it proves that you can really feel the language! Congratulations :) From my experience, though, ignoring grammar completely is not the best strategy, at least for self-directed learners like us... I'd recommend you to start reading some English grammar (like one chapter a day, before going to sleep), that would make things faster.
and ask question like "Are your brain okey after listening 3 hours every day one short dialog?"
:D
Most people don't need any foreign language. That's why they ask all these questions instead of being curious about any techniques that could be helpful, should they really need them...
and I hope some experienced students will help me correcting my grammar mistakes.
The desire to improve (your grammar or anything) should come from within ;) First, show us that you're trying hard to write correctly, and then we'll see...

P.S. Are you really improving your English and learning German at the same time? Do you have a learning strategy already, maybe a schedule? Please share.
Вэддард
На огонёк зашедши

Сообщение Вэддард »

Thanks for your advices! Yeah, I'll try to improve English and learn German at the same time. And, I think, I have some strategy: during "matrix period" I'll read books
in English and sometimes would learn grammar. Of course if that would not be a hindrance for learning German. After 7-8 month when I'll finish matrix I'll spend more time
for reading in German, because 3 hours per day not enough for reading 100 pages (not for me). Briefly,this is my plan in short term).
Actualy, I begun my sailing toward desired land 1 month ago and now I'm listning third dialog.
Александр Первый
Весьма заинтересованное лицо

Сообщение Александр Первый »

Hello! Here are my humble notes to your text:
----------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone!

Here I want to share with you a notes about learning German. Actually, I practiced matrix method when was learning English: 6 months worked with dialogs, then read about 9000 pages and was listening to podcasts and lectures. So, what can I say, may be my grammar is not so good, but it is does not matter in at this stage and I think (hope) it will came come later. Really, what I enjoy now it is the feeling of the language, thinking in English. And it is sad when I try to explain to someone this method of learning languages, share with them my thoughts they simply don't understand me and ask questions like "Are your brain okey after listening 3 hours every day to one short dialog?" or "How is it possible to read 100 pages per day on in a foreign language? Are you kidding?" So, like poet said: "Today I have found you and those who laughed and scorned me yesterday are sorry that they were not looking as I did".

You can ask me: "Why are you writing in English?". I'll answer, my dear friends (comrades if you wish) that the main reason why I decided to write in English it is because I want to improve my writing skill and I hope some experienced students will help me correcting my grammar mistakes.

So, lets let's begin the journey on our ship "Matrix method" toward the land which is called "Deutsch".

Capitain Captain has made his first note.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I've underlined mistakes and added right (in my opinion) words in a bold font.
I've made these notes not because of good knowledge of the grammar but sooner because I feel the language this way.
You can do better - instead of reading my pitiful notes you can use this service of italki.com and receive corrections from native speakers.
Вэддард
На огонёк зашедши

Сообщение Вэддард »

Thank you for your notes! They are not pitiful). I need such comments and I will analyse my mistakes and search a grammar rules to correct them.

P.S. italki.com it is very usfull service.Thanks.
Дерзкий Серхио
Черный Пояс

Сообщение Дерзкий Серхио »

Пушистая няшечка писал(а):From my experience, though, ignoring grammar completely is not the best strategy, at least for self-directed learners like us... I'd recommend you to start reading some English grammar (like one chapter a day, before going to sleep), that would make things faster.
Better make it one chapter a week or one chpater a month. Sounds more realistic.

- Look who's talking, Blue Face! You know what your little horns remind me of?
- These are not horns! Come on, you don’t tell a guy he has horns. These are antennae.
Ответить