Immersion

Модератор: Владимир

Сергей Кевлар

Immersion

Сообщение Сергей Кевлар »

I start my account about Toronto.
I walked all day long through the city. I studied the subway and bus traffic, looked for a liqueur shop (it’s difficult because there are a little ones in Toronto), admired the views appearing from the top of CN Tower (the greatest tower in the world) and so on. It’s many things I can tell you but my English limits my opportunitys so I’ll continue into Russian.
Последний раз редактировалось Сергей Кевлар 03 авг 2009, 18:11, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Михаил Дойл
Практически член семьи

Re: Immersion

Сообщение Михаил Дойл »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):...
That text reminds me my YAHOO conversations with my collegues :) - "Sorry about my English" again and again :)

Enjoy your staying in Canada. Thank you for your "picture of Toronto". It is quite interesting. Please, write more. :)
Сергей Кевлар

Михаил Дойл писал(а):
That text reminds me my YAHOO conversations with my collegues :) - "Sorry about my English" again and again :)
I came to Canada to improve my language - I don't reject any help from anyone :)
Михаил Дойл
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Михаил Дойл »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):I came to Canada to improve my language - I don't reject any help from anyone :)
Wow! That's wonder for me! Is your language improvement a main target of your trip? You are quite rich, I would want to be the same :) It's so pitty that my language skill is not so good how I want, so I'm afriad to harm you instead help and I will not correct your story because main needs correction :) I'm glad to write you again. Please don't be so mordest, write more freely.

Thanks a lot.
Сергей Кевлар

Михаил Дойл писал(а):.... I'm glad to write you again. Please don't be so mordest, write more freely. Thanks a lot.
I am not starting my study yet. I fool a sleep at 8 or 9 o’clock and get up early these days because of the difference of time. The first Monday is holiday in Ontario, the first working day starts yet so I am going to go to school in 3 hours.
And I’ll be glad to write mo freely but I can’t to. It will be in future.
Михаил Дойл
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Михаил Дойл »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):I am going to go to school in 3 hours...
And I’ll be glad to write mo freely but I can’t to.
You will get a serious load of foreign language in that school. (I write how I can :) I hope that you will be able to work out with that. And I want to notice that your Engish is better than my :)
Сергей Кевлар

So, today it was a first day of my studying, four hours we had conversation with teacher. I am to do my homework right now but my fiends from Russia bombard me with questions about Toronto using Skype and I am forced to say them – leave me along, I am very busy now. In addition to this I caught cold a little because of the conditions using everywhere – in metro, buses, buildings. You have a hot weather outside and cold temperature inside, it is so uncomfortably.
Михаил Дойл
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Михаил Дойл »

Was the conversation with teacher hard? Did she corret you very often. I read that your teacher is a girl somewhere before. Am I right? If it is, is the theacher beauterfull? How old is she? :) I'm sorry, I'm just a guy :) Do you meet with locals? Do you get to pubs or something else? Pub's talkings are very fast and hard for understanding but I like a beer and beer makes speaking easer :) Take care about yourself, make yourself healthy, and write us more.

Cheers
Кая З
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Кая З »

Сергей! Please talk about a estimation scale using in your school. You had written that you was estimated as 2, but your school has 8 degrees. There is question. If degree is higher then skill will be higher?
Thanks. Take you care.
Сергей Кевлар

So, I answer seriatim. Conversation with teacher is easy because she is pro in spite of her age. She has the result of my test and is well-informed about my knowledge. She is the same age like my daughter and I have to say she is pretty beautiful unlike the great part of Canadian girls. So, I am happy man. And this case let me study to talk compliments to women and I try to do this pretty often.
She corrects me seldom and does it correctly. And as I have said before “Only English – please” she doesn’t let me use dictionary. I can use English – English dictionary only. I think it corresponds with out teacher’s method completely. Unfortunately I do not meet with locals… The first three days I get accustomed to new time, then I get cold a little bit, but more important matter is I am not ready to …. :D
*About test – it include writing test and oral one. I don’t now there method and I think it is there secret.*
*I put here very useful information about these adverbs mean. Always – 100%. Usually – 90%. Often – 75-90%. Sometimes – 25-75%. Seldom – 5-10%. Rarely – 1-10%. And never – 0%.*
Apropos. She utters “often” like [often] unlike Englishmen utter [ofen].*
See you tomorrow
Сергей Кевлар

Three days have rung and I look at the white sheet of paper lying on the table in front of me and think about how to put my thoughts on the paper. It’s easy to think about something (or think that you are thinking, but actually just relaxing) but it’s harder to write something, especially in a foreign language. It was just lyrical digression.
Last three days I’ve crossed Downtown (the core of Toronto) several times.
On Friday I took a journey by bus and it lasted about an hour from the Dundas subway station and back. It would have been nice but I was so cold because of the air conditioners in the bus. How they annoyed me!!!
On Saturday I took a streetcar (tramway) to try out this kind of transportation. I dared say I was great, especially I liked there were no air conditioners in the streetcars. Then I went to the Danforth Greek Food Festival (it is the area of the city where the Canadian Greeks are living). Oh, it was a song about how a stomach celebrates…. This day was a triumph of gluttony, fatty food and people chewing everywhere. Sometimes it was funny but sometimes sad when my eyes found fat women and children. Unfortunately it took place very often. But people were so happy and meant that the holiday was great and successful.
On Sunday I returned home from my Russian friend’s at 10 o’clock, did a couple of lessons and was going to take a walk when a heavy rain began. I had to stop and wait for twelve minutes.
To be continued….
Михаил Дойл
Практически член семьи

Сообщение Михаил Дойл »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):
Good. This a great job!
You wrote "sheet of paper". Do you write your stories on paper first? Or that was "a poetical image"?
You didn't lose your time. Your new story is very interesting. Thank you very much.
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):Three days have rung and I look at the white sheet of paper lying on the table in front of me and think about how to put my thoughts on the paper. It’s easy to think about something (or think that you are thinking, but actually just relaxing) but it’s harder to write something, especially in a foreign language. It was just lyrical digression.
Last three days I’ve crossed Downtown (the core of Toronto) several times.
On Friday I took a journey by bus and it lasted about an hour from the Dundas subway station and back. It would have been nice but I was so cold because of the air conditioners in the bus. How they annoyed me!!!
On Saturday I took a streetcar (tramway) to try out this kind of transportation. I dared say I was great, especially I liked there were no air conditioners in the streetcars. Then I went to the Danforth Greek Food Festival (it is the area of the city where the Canadian Greeks are living). Oh, it was a song about how a stomach celebrates…. This day was a triumph of gluttony, fatty food and people chewing everywhere. Sometimes it was funny but sometimes sad when my eyes found fat women and children. Unfortunately it took place very often. But people were so happy and meant that the holiday was great and successful.
On Sunday I returned home from my Russian friend’s at 10 o’clock, did a couple of lessons and was going to take a walk when a heavy rain began. I had to stop and wait for twelve minutes.
To be continued….
Your English keeps on getting better and better!
Сергей Кевлар

Н.Ф. писал(а):Your English keeps on getting better and better!
I wanted you read good English, so I asked my teacher to check the letter and she corrected several mistakes. Also we have an agreement about the methods of study English. For example she told me to listen to the radio regularly and hard.
Н.Ф.
Учитель

Сообщение Н.Ф. »

Сергей Кевлар писал(а):
Н.Ф. писал(а):Your English keeps on getting better and better!
...she told me to listen to the radio regularly and hard.
No kidding! By the way, regularly how? Once a week? Once a month? Once a year would also be regular...
Ответить